Why We Should Use Natural Dyes For Fashion
We were joined by Raaja Rajan, Chief of Operations for Natural Dye House, to learn more about the environmental and social impacts of using chemical dyes for textiles and fashion as opposed to natural, plant-based dyes. In an honest and eye-opening interview, Raaja explains how designers, brands, and consumers can all contribute to a less-polluting and more socially engaged fashion industry in India.
In this video you'll learn:
- How chemical textile dyeing plants impact the environment in India
- Where else textile dye pollution is created, aside from in plants and factories
- What impact low production costs have on makers and suppliers
- How brands, designers, consumers and politicians have the power to change the industry
- About the key opportunities presented by natural dyes
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Scaling Natural Dyes For Fashionwith Raaja Rajan
How do you scale production of naturally dyed garments so that they have social, economic, and environmental benefits for all involved?
We were joined by Raaja Rajan, the Chief of Operations for Natural Dye House, to learn more about the key considerations for scaling natural dyes for fashion.