Prints For A Recycled Bottle Swimwear Line
Paige Bolahood is owner and founder of Bare Beach, a swimwear company passionate about getting rid of one-time-use plastics. Their swimsuits are made from “Repreve” - recycled polyester derived from plastic bottles. The products are entirely produced (including the bottle recycling) in North America. I was keen to hear from Paige about working with this exclusive fabric, the pros and cons of the printing process, and the highs and lows of her business so far.
In the interview we cover:
- The inspiration behind the brand.
- How Paige came to work with Repreve, whose fabrics are now very difficult to get hold of!
- How to become certified by Peta.
- How Paige prints her bright prints onto the synthetic Reprive fabric.
- The benefits of the printing process she chose, and tips on the business mistakes she made when ordering them.
- Aligning their brand with Miss Earth.
- The current struggles of their business.
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
The Secret to Millions of YouTube Views with Tree, Stitchless TVwith Theresa Walsh
Tree (Theresa) is the brains behind and face of Stitchless TV, a YouTube sewing vlog with over 150 free sewing tutorials and fashion reports. To date, Tree's channel has over 82 thousand subscribers and her videos have been watched over 6 million times! We couldn't wait to find out the secrets to her YouTube success.