How to Ensure Positive Impact When Working with Cotton
In our previous Lessons, we explored the positive impact working with cotton can have. But how do you as a business ensure that you are working with the right producers and in the right way? Ensuring your materials are high quality, from trusted sources and align with your brand's principles will set you off on the right course to successfully navigate the complex world of cotton. Find out how in this 27-minute Lesson.
In this video you'll learn:
- Why choosing to work with natural fibres has a positive impact on the environment, but also on people's livelihoods
- The key considerations to ensure your cotton fabrics are biodegradable
- How certifications and standards work in the cotton market and about the key standards to be aware of
- Why certification is positive - but also not the be-all and end-all for sourcing ethical and sustainable cotton
- How to apply circular approaches to working with cotton
- About the exciting future of cotton!
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Conventional and Sustainable Cotton Supply Chainswith Giannis Tzortzis
A 22 minute lesson that looks at the problems associated with traditional fibre production systems, and where improvements could be made for a sustainable model that contributes to the three pillars of sustainabilty: environmental, social and economic sustainability. We were joined by the Sales Manager of Varvaressos S.A., a vertically-integrated spinning mill with an innovative cotton farming, ginning, spinning and garment production system that aims to revitalise and make sustainable the complex supply chain of the commodity crop cotton.
Head to part two for a technical tutorial on sustainable and ethical solutions for the cotton production chain.