The Cotton Market and Cotton Production Processes
In this Lesson we bring together key segments from across the platform that cover the cotton market and the fascinating production process of cotton fibres and fabrics. We focus in on organic fibres and regenerative fibres, helping you get to grips with definitions of both. We also look at some of the cotton by-products and how these take cotton beyond its use in fabric production.
In this lesson you will learn:
- How cotton stacks up to other textiles on the market
- How the cotton plant is farmed and processed to produce fibres for textiles
- About organic cotton and the nuances in certification and standards
- What regenerative agriculture is and what role it plays in cotton production
- What key challenges cotton farmers face in growing and processing cotton
- About the surprising by-products of the cotton plant
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?
Find out more here or, click to enjoy our free articles before upgrading
The Importance of Working with Cottonwith Charlie Bradley Ross
We've heard how cotton affects millions of people across the world from a host of experts at the World Food Programme, Traidcraft Exchange and the GVK Society for Rural Development. In this 9-minute Lesson, we bring together the key clips from these conversations and delve into the reasons working with cotton has a positive impact in terms of providing employment and contributing to socio-economic development when done in the right way.
Watch the video and read the Key Takeaways to learn more.