Conventional and Sustainable Cotton Supply Chains
A 22 minute lesson that looks at the problems associated with traditional fibre production systems, and where improvements could be made for a sustainable model that contributes to the three pillars of sustainabilty: environmental, social and economic sustainability. We were joined by the Sales Manager of Varvaressos S.A., a vertically-integrated spinning mill with an innovative cotton farming, ginning, spinning and garment production system that aims to revitalise and make sustainable the complex supply chain of the commodity crop cotton.
Head to part two for a technical tutorial on sustainable and ethical solutions for the cotton production chain.
In this lesson you will learn:
- About the history of cotton cultivation in Greece and what the cotton farming system here looks like
- About the spinning mill Varvaressos, and cotton system Supreme Green Cotton®
- How a traditional supply chain looks, the problems within it, and how SGC® compares
- Importance of transparency, communication and education in the supply chain
- How to get hold of Supreme Green Cotton® for your own production
Login to view this lesson. Not a Professional Member of The Sustainable Fashion Collective?