Take part in our creative textile challenge!
After receiving images like this of you getting creative with our textiles over lockdown, we decided to launch a challenge for over the summer holidays. While base textiles have such beauty on their own, often it's just not enough to showcase our personality. Textile embellishments like printing, embroidery, appliqué and dyeing can also refresh textiles that maybe you've had in your stash for a while and not been inspired by.
@visualsumo shown below used insulation foam offcuts and oil paint on our lightweight organic cotton, while @kcw.design_ digitally played around with what her illustrations would look like on our fabrics. While this is aimed at college and university students, we're open to any entries backed up with the design work, especially if it helps support a small business or sustainable design project (as of course we'll be sharing on social media).
1. Choose one-three of our plain base fabrics as your starting point
2. Select a medium, e.g. print type, natural dyeing, embroidery
3. Sketch either by hand or digitally to show off your fashion or accessories design; moodboards encouraged
4. Email in or tag us @offset_warehouse with your final design (up to three)
5. We'll choose 3 entrants to receive the fabric of the design
6. You can then realise your design in real life!
1. You can use any materials for your design, but the base fabric must be sympathetically considered and still able to be seen or felt in some way. Look at the product description to understand the fabric type and fibre composition to help you design responsibly.
2. We'd love the ethical and sustainable vibe to run through whatever else you use and how the garment or accessory would be worn, and would appreciate a 'theme' to tie it together, so mood boards are encouraged but not required.
3. Designs don't have to be properly illustrated, as in, there don't need to be faces or accurate drawings - just anything that showcases the garment or accessory, fabric types and textile embellishment.
Deadline is 31st August 2020 23:59 BST.
Open to UK-based only for shipping purposes.